- x86 Assembly
Xelix is a hobby POSIX-like kernel and operating system for x86. It is written in C, has a largely GNU-based userland and can run many common *nix programs.
- Preemptive multitasking with privilege and memory separation
- POSIX process API with fork/execve/wait and signal handling
- VFS with support for dynamic mount points, poll, pipes, and in-memory file trees
- Read/write ext2 implementation, IDE and virtio-block drivers
- A userland graphics compositor and window manager using Cairo and freetype2
- BSD socket API for TCP/IP support using the PicoTCP network stack